As you are aware stage 4 restrictions have been extended a further 2 weeks in Victoria which means the restraints on who we can see in practice also remain. You like many of our loyal and committed patients have an appointment scheduled in the two week block that is the extension, which means we need to reach out with a number of considerations:
Firstly people will fit into one of the following categories and we have more info below:
- Your health and wellbeing has deteriorated since the beginning of stage 4 restrictions and you may now be eligible to come in for care.
- You might still have to wait, in which case we will push your appointment back 2 weeks to the same day and time.
- You have been under care the whole time and will remain under care.
We know that you are probably very keen to get your body back on track after the 6 weeks of lockdown and we want to help you with that as soon as it is possible to do so. We are extremely disappointed that we have had to turn any patients away through this period as you know that we like to educate people on principles of early intervention, prevention and a well lifestyle.
So here are the details:
- If you haven’t been able to come in for care due to the stage four restrictions in place, but have seen a deterioration in your health and wellbeing you may actually fit the criteria now. So if you have ANY health issues currently that you would like addressed or ANY questions relating to your eligibility then please respond the the text that you received from us with ‘Please call me’ and we will be in touch.
- If you are able to wait another two weeks, then you must wait another two weeks. If this is you and are happy for us to just slide your appointment back two weeks to the same day and time then please reply to the text message that you received from us with ‘2 weeks’ and we will reschedule your appointment for you.
- If you have been under care already in stage 4 restrictions and receive this text message please just reply to it saying ‘Already eligible’
Given we like most businesses had anticipated a return to work on September 14 and due to the restrictions we have an overflowing appointment book. To try and call every patient whilst doing the other tasks required would be an impossible task which is why we have elected to communicate with you this way in the hope it makes the process more efficient.
With this in mind we would really appreciate it if you could PLEASE REPLY to the text so we know what we need to do to manage your appointment. A quick reminder the responses are:
- Please call me
- 2 weeks
- Already eligible
However I cannot stress enough that we are all here for you if you need us. We are committed to your health and if you need to speak to us we will make the time for you.
We also have telehealth services available for those who would prefer to remain at home but still need assistance with their health and wellbeing. Please call us if you need more information on this.
Lastly we want to thank you all for your patience and understanding, we know that this is a tough time for everyone and we want you to know that we greatly value our community and are desperate to get back to serving you. We are also sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused, I am sure you will understand that we are doing everything the can to help you all given the parameters that have been set for us to operate within.
If you have any issues at all that need discussing or any questions that need answering don’t hesitate to reach out via email or phone to the clinic or your practitioners. I am happy to field calls from anyone in our community too.
Stay safe, remember to smile heaps, move lots and be grateful for the amazing things we do have in life.
Dr Marcus Yeo
If you wish to discuss this with me personally here is my mobile number 0401920604.